Official Website of Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council
Indera vs QAF ends in stalemate
Monday, February 10, 2014

QAF FC Sam Frank (R) and Indera SC Md Nazirul Abdullah (L) in action during the DST Super League 2014 held at Kebajikan track and field in Berakas last night. BT/Saiful Omar

A man down, Indera SC managed to hold QAF FC to a 1-1 draw during their DST Super League match last night.

The game changer for Indera SC took place when they were leading 1-0 before having Mohd Rakin Ramli sent off in the 42nd after committing a dangerous tackle.

Indera SC started the match off strong making a number of significant attacks within the first 10 minutes of the game before QAF FC finally shifted in to the same gear.

Mohd Asri Hj Aspar scored the opening goal through superb play by Indera SC in the 28th minute at the Berakas Sports Complex.

The passage of play started in their own half at the feet of Sahrin Momin who played a perfectly timed pass to Hamizan Aziz Sulaiman, which was quickly laid off to Muhd Nur Ikwan Othman while they were competing against QAF FC's last three men in defence.

Ikwan then knocked the ball ahead of the bunch, which Mohd Asri chased down before sliding the ball in to the bottom right corner of the goal.

Indera SC continued to show they were the more lethal of the two in offence but unfortunately were reduced to 10 men leading up to the end of the first half.

QAF FC came out with a bang showing more control when the whistle blew for the second half.

Their constant pressure was no surprise and led to their equaliser through Sam Frank in the 49th minute.

Frank scored an easy tap in by the left post when Petrus Jumat managed to pass the ball across the face of goal, just in front of the goalkeeper.

Both teams continued to apply pressure to one another seeing countless scoring opportunities leading up to the final whistle.

Indera SC coach Hj Omar Hj Jamil felt that despite he was down one man, the rhythm of the game was still good.

"It's just that we weren't lucky even though we had five or six tries that didn't go in," said Hj Omar in an interview with The Brunei Times.

"Our organisation and attack was okay, maybe if he had 11 players we could have scored two or three goals," added Hj Omar.

QAF FC captain Muhd Hardyman Abdul Lamit was unhappy with the end results as he felt they should have won the game.

"I was sure that we could have won but we just didn't have the luck," said Hardyman.

"Many of our players were suspended and still injured from last week," he added.

The Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) outplayed Kilanas FC 4-1 at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas.

The action continues this Wednesday when between Najip FC clash with the Royal Brunei Police Forces Sports Council at the Balapan Track and Field at 8pm.

Both teams have won both their two games they've played so far in the league.

Courtesy from Brunei Times