Official Website of Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council
Mohammad Hazman's brace fuels BSRC FT win
Monday, January 27, 2014

The BSRC FT team poseing for a picture yesterday. BSRC FT defeated Tunas FC 3-1. Courtesy of NFABD

The Brunei Shell Recreation Club Football Team (BSRC FT) defeated Tunas FC 3-1 in the DST Premier League opener at the Tutong Sports Complex yesterday.

Mohammad Hazman Hamdan provided plenty of firepower for BSRC FT by scoring a brace.

Teammate Syazwi Mohammad also got his name onto the scoresheet in the victory.

Mohammad Hazman broke the deadlock in the 28th minute to give BSRC FT a 1-0 lead.

Syazwan Azizi Hj Taib would equalise for Tunas FC ten minutes later, but Syazwi would put BSRC FT in front again just before the end of the first half to give BSRC FT a 2-1 advantage.

Mohammad Hazman would score his second goal in the 78th minute as BSRC walked away with a maximum three points.

BSRC FT and Tunas FC were the only teams in action yesterday after the match between Lun Bawang and IKLS at the Temburong Sports Complex was postponed to a later date.

Setia Perdana were set to take Perkasa at the Berakas Sports Complex while Kota Rangers and Rimba Star were set to see action at the Balapan Track and Field on Friday but both matches were postponed due to unsatisfactory pitch conditions at competition venues after the downpour.

The DST Super League kicked off on Monday with QAF FC and Jerudong FC sharing the spoils with a 2-2 draw at the Balapan Track and Field.

Mohd Jurelmi Hj Zaini scored the opening goal of the new season to give Jerudong the lead in the 26th minute.

Sam Frank notched things up after heading home the equaliser for QAF in the 42nd minute.

Jerudong got back in front through Md Endy Soehardy Awg Sapar in the 55th minute before Frank tied things up again with a spectacular shot from outside the box in the 73rd minute.

The Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) won the first silverware of the season on Sunday after edging Indera SC 2-1 in the Sumbangsih Cup at the Balapan Track and Field.

A goal each by Mohd Mazazizi Mazlan and Mohd Khairuddin Abdul Kadir in the opening 25 minutes was enough for the armymen to lift the trophy.

Indera SC scored a consolation through Mohd Shahrin Momin from the penalty spot in the 84th minute.

Courtesy from Brunei Times