Official Website of Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council
NFABD Under-15 dealt pain in the rain
Sunday, July 7, 2013

Muhammad Syahmi Rasyid (L)
of NFABD U-15 fighting for
ball possession against
Muhammad Alfeeq (C) of Frenz
Malaysia B in their Group B
match of FAM-Frenz Under-15
ASEAN Champions Trophy last
night at the Hassanal Bolkiah
National Stadium in Berakas.
Picture: BT/ Yee Chun Leong

The National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam (NFABD) Under-15 were left crying in the rain at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas last night.

They succumbed to yet another defeat in Group B of the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM)-Frenz Under-15 ASEAN Champions Trophy after falling 3-0 to Frenz Malaysia B.

Neither team managed to create any chances in the opening minutes of the encounter.

It was only in the 24th minute when Frenz Malaysia B tested NFABD U-15 keeper Muhd Ishyra Asmin Mohd Jabidi after Aiman Harith Faruk had a shot on target from inside the box.

The hosts were having plenty of problems keeping the ball to create anything.

Captain Muhamad Syahmi Rasyid did get a shot on target in the 35th minute but his weak attempt never troubled Muhammad Saiful Niza in between the Frenz Malaysia B sticks.

Frenz Malaysia B should have taken the lead in the 40th minute. A freekick on the left was headed back into the box but Muhammad Hafizi just missed the tap in on the far post.

The visitors came out on the attack after the interval and it paid off in the 51st minute.

A freekick from the right was sent into the NFABD U-15 box. The home side failed to clear allowing Mohd Ruzaini Rusli to rifle home his effort for the lead.

Frenz Malaysia B doubled their lead five minutes later after Wan Muhammad Adli scored directly from a freekick.

The visitors could have added to their tally but Muhd Ishyra Asmin was on hand to put up several good saves.

NFABD U-15 almost got themselves back in the game in the 78th minute after Muhammad Syahmi found space inside the box but saw his shot just wide of the post.

Frenz Malaysia B got their third goal of the night in the final seconds of the game after Muhammad Alfeeq rose highest to head home a corner in the 94th minute.

"I thought we had some chances in the first half but we wasted them. We can see our weaknesses as there was a lot of ball watching on the field," said NFABD U-15 team manager Jamhari Lani.

"We let in free goals. We are working hard to improve and to become better for the upcoming matches," he said.

"As of now we are lacking in our attack and also defensive midfield. There is not enough movement for the latter."

Courtesy from Brunei Times