Official Website of Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council
NFABD U-15 stay winless
Sunday, June 16, 2013

The National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam (NFABD) Under-15 team remain winless in the Malaysia FAM-Frenz Under-15 ASEAN Champions Trophy after losing 3-1 to Frenz Malaysia B last night.

Though Brunei shocked the hosts when midfielder Muhd Nasy'rul Wafiy Hj Hassan gave them a sixth minute lead with a strike from 30 metres, the hosts came back strongly and leveled 10 minutes later at the Stadium Frenz Janda Baik in Pahang, Malaysia.

The Malaysians would go ahead in the 32nd minute and sealed all three points when they scored their third in the 51st minute.

NFABD Under-15 are still fifth in the six-team Group B table with one point while Frenz Malaysia cemented their position at second with eight points, two behind leaders Frenz Indonesia.

Brunei's sole point came when they blew a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Myanmar Mandalay Academy last week, with their first match ending in a 4-1 loss to Frenz Indonesia on June 1.

Liew Chuan Fue's boys looked poised for their first win when midfielder Muhd Nasy'rul Wafiy beat Frenz Malaysia B goalkeeper Mohd Saiful Nizar with a speculative long-range attempt.

Mohd Fareez Jeffery should have levelled the scores two minutes later when he was given a lot of space just outside the penalty box but his shot went wide.

The hosts continued to create chances in search of a goal and they finally got their equaliser when Aiman Harith Farouk found the net in the 16th minute after he was left unmarked to smash the ball home from close range past goalkeeper Mohd Ishyra Asmin Mohd Jabidi following a cross from the left.

Frenz Malaysia B went ahead for the first time when Aiman rose above everyone inside the penalty box to head the ball home following a free-kick from the right.

Mohd Hafizuddin almost doubled the Malaysians' lead in the 40th minute but his volley from inside the penalty box was vitally blocked by right-back Haimie Nyaring.

Aiman nearly found the net again a minute after the restart when he made a beautiful run behind the NFABD Under-15 backline to connect on a long ball from midfield, but the striker failed to find the target.

Mohd Fareez made it 3-1 in the 51st minute when he was the first to get to the ball following a scramble inside the penalty box.

Ak Mohd Syazwan Pg Samsul Bahri should have cut the deficit late in the second-half when he was put through on goal by Muhd Nasy'rul Wafiy, but his shot went wide.

Courtesy from Brunei Times