Regional Forum - South East Asia
February 13-14, 2009 - The Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) hosted the Olympic Solidarity / Olympic Council of Asia Regional Forum for Southeast Asia from 13th to 14th February 2009. Delegates from 10 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) were present. Timor Leste was not represented at the Forum.
On the second day, the following Games Organizing Committees briefed the Forum on their respective Games:
- The 1st Asian Youth Games, Singapore (29th June to 7th July 2009)
- The 1st Youth Olympic Games, Singapore (14th to 26th August 2010)
- The 1st Asian Martial Arts Games, Bangkok (25th April to 3rd May 2009)
- The 3rd Asian Indoor Games, Vietnam (30th October to 8th November 2009)
- The 16th Asian Games, Guangzhou (12th to 27th November 2010)
It was a fruitful Forum for all the delegates and Games Organizers. The NOCs have more information and clarity of the support from Olympic Solidarity and the Olympic Council of Asia in developing sports in this region. The Games Organizing Committees were able to share and learn experiences with NOC delegates and fellow Games Organizers. It was also a perfect occasion for Singapore to host our ASEAN neighbours and catch up with old friends. This will definitely strengthen the spirit of cooperation in the region.