Official Website of Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council
DPMM FC edge Hougang
Sunday, October 20, 2013

HRH Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah (R), the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, HRH Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah (C) and HRH Prince 'Abdul Malik during the match between DPMM FC and Hougang United FC at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas last night. Picture: BT/Md Asdeny Yakub

DPMM FC's Rodrigo Tosi (2nd R) celebrates scoring his goal with teammate Shahrazen Said (L) during their S-League match against Hougang United FC last night at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas. Picture: BT/ Md Asdeny Yakub

DPMM FC (red) and Hougang United FC (blue) players fighting for possession during their S-League match last night at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas. Picture: BT/ Md Asdeny Yakub

DPMM FC are up to the seventh spot in the Singapore League (S-League) after they edged Hougang United FC 1-0 last night.

In what was their third straight win - which brought their total to 33 points - a goal by Rodrigo Tosi just before the break settled the tie at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas.

The Brazilian midfielder headed home a Rosmin Hj Kamis corner at the near post four minutes into added time just before the break.

It was the fourth goal for the lone import on the roster in the past three games.

However, DPMM FC head coach Vjeran Simunic felt that it was team effort that got them the triumph.

"It was a sweet 1-0 win. We could have scored more had we closed our chances. Their keeper (Fadhil Salim) was fantastic," said Simunic after the win.

"It was the whole team and I'm proud of them. We have lost seven players and went down (the table). Now we are at the top," added the Croatian.

Azwan Ali Rahman had the first chance for the home side but saw his shot saved by Fadhil in the 17th minute.

The game was brought to a standstill for over five minutes after Fadhil was given treatment after picking up an injury from a corner.

Hougang United threatened in the 32nd minute as Liam Shotton saw his attempt deflected to Mamadou Diallo who could only fire it wide.

DPMM FC pushed forward five minutes later after Tosi flicked the ball to Shahrazen Said in the box but the forward's effort on the turn was off target.

Rosmin should have gotten on the scoresheet on the hour mark but saw his attempt cleared off the line by Faizal Amir.

Striker Adi Said got in on the action immediately after coming on as a substitute for Azwan Ali Rahman in the 79th minute.

Tosi had delivered a good through ball down the middle for Adi just to be denied by Fadhil.

An unmarked Shahrazen should have scored in the 86th minute after a good one-two by Tosi and Adi which allowed the striker to shoot.

Diallo almost equalised for Hougang United in the 90th minute after he struck a good freekick from outside the box but Wardun was on hand to put up the save.

Despite soaking in the pressure, Adi had one final chance to put his name in the scorer's column as he unleashed a shot inside the box just to see it saved by Fadhil.

Hougang United coach Amin Nasir said they had only themselves to blame after a defensive lapse at the end of the first half.

"We just lost our concentration. Seven minutes is a bit too long but that is no excuse. We needed to keep our focus. We were caught napping and they capitalised on that," said Amin.

"I was quite pleased with Fadhil's performance as he kept us in the game. But looking at the backline, we will need to sit down and analyse what went wrong. It is disappointing as we came for a win," he added.

The competition continues today with Albirex Niigata FC playing Balestier Khalsa FC at the Jurong East Stadium in Singapore.

DPMM FC's Rosmin Hj Kamis (R) defends against a Hougang United FC player during last night's match. Picture: BT/ Md Asdeny Yakub

Courtesy from Brunei Times